Volvo S40 for Sale in Nigeria
The Swedes are known for many things, which include good food, vodka and greenery. Another notable product they are famous for is the Volvo brand of cars. Volvo Cars started the production of the Volvo S40 in 1995, and was replaced by the Volvo V40 in 2012. Available in a four door sedan and 5 door estate, the S40 is currently in its second generation, and does not fail to bring with it the style elegance and tenacity the Volvo brands are known for. A wide variety of affordable priced Nigerian used and Tokunbo Volvo S40 for sale are available on Jumia Car.
What to know when Buying Volvo S40
Performance and Specifications of Volvo S40
The different year models of Volvo S40 found in the Nigerian market have the following technical specifications:
- It comes in 5 engine trains; 1.6L, 1.8L, 1.9L, 2.0L and 2.5L. They all come in a 4 cylinder engine configuration.
- The Volvo S40 is available in both the petrol and diesel versions.
- The Volvo S40 is available in 5 speed manual, 4 speed automatic and 5 speed automatic transmissions.
- The highway fuel economy of the Volvo S40 achieves a distance of 45 miles to the gallon.
- The 2014 Volvo S40 comes in two trim levels; the TS and the TSR – Design, both in front wheel drive and powered by a turbocharged 227 Horsepower 2.5 litre five cylinder engine.
- Fuel economy of 27 MPG (Miles per gallon)
How is the design of Volvo S40
Since its production in 1995, the exterior body style of the Volvo S40 has only been redesigned once, which was with the Volvo S40 2004 model, although, there was a minor facelift in the 2008 Volvo S40. Its exterior design consists of steel that has a streamlined design in order not to increase its weight.
The interior design of the Volvo S40 has seen an upgrade over the years, the 2012 Volvo S40 is however equipped with a telescoping steering wheel with auxiliary audio controls, a sunroof, Bluetooth and a six-CD changer with satellite radio, HD radio and iPod control. The "R-Design" is meant to give the Volvo S40 a sporty exterior and interior styling cues. The fully loaded Volvo S40 trim level has leather seating, heated seats, a navigation system and a 12-speaker premium sound system.
What are the stand out features of the Volvo S40?
The Volvo S40 is one of the safest cars around. With the “Volvo's Intelligent Vehicle Architecture”, the steel body of the vehicle is divided into several zones to protect the driver and passengers in the event of a collision. Four different steel grades are used. In addition to conventional bodywork steel, three different grades of high-strength steel are employed: High Strength Steel, Extra High Strength Steel and Ultra High Strength Steel. The Volvo range is known for child safety, hence the modern versions of the Volvo S40 are developed with a profound focus on children. The body’s safety structure and interior safety systems are designed and dimensioned to help protect the youngest occupants too.
Another distinctive feature is it's rear outer seats that can be fitted with integrated child booster cushions as safety reasons for children who are 3 years and above.
Nigerian Used and Tokunbo Volvo S40 in Nigeria
The Volvo S40 has been discontinued, hence it would be a herculean task to find a brand new one, but there are various private sellers and car dealers who offer foreign and Nigerian used Volvo S40 car for sale in Nigeria at cool price deals.
The Best Volvo S40 year to Buy
- The best Volvo S40 to buy in this market would be the 2006 Volvo S40 because of it popularity.
- The 2005 Volvo S40 is the second most popular year model currently in Nigeria.
- Last in line is the 2002 Volvo S40 which is an old year model be still durable and reliable.
Volvo S40 Price in Nigeria
Jumia Car helps customers find reasonably priced Volvo S40 for sale locally in Nigeria. The prices of the Volvo S40 in Nigeria fall within the price range of N500,000 – N3,000,000.
- Foreign Used (Tokunbo) Volvo S40 for sale begins from N1,500,000 and could cost as much as N3,000,000, depending on the year of manufacture, state of the vehicle and mileage reading.
- Nigerian used (Registered) Volvo S40 for sale begins from N800,000, and would usually not cost more than N2,000,000, depending on the year of manufacture, state of the vehicle an odometer readings.
Overall impression of Volvo S40
Whether you're looking for the latest technology features, sportier performance, better fuel economy or just a more prestigious image, you might not find a better choice for a premium or entry-level luxury sedan other than the Volvo S40. This vehicle costs less and offers plenty refinements, comfort and style, compared to its top rival, the Audi A4. If you are in the market and looking for something different from what the Japanese or Germans have to offer, we would highly recommend this Swedish beauty.